Broken neck

Japetus

Songster
5 Years
Feb 9, 2017
Greece
Ten days ago a marten managed to open the gate of one of my coops creating havoc.. I was absent at the time and found the next day all four of my ayam cemani hens killed..
Sole survivor was their rooster who was in a terrible condition with bite injuries and his neck broken unable to lift or move his head.
I managed to make something like a collar for his neck so that he doesent move and I had to force feed him with a syringe. Today, ten days later he started to try to pick up some grains on his own although with the collar on is extremely difficult, but he looks better though very weak.
How many days more should I leave the collar on?
IMG_20210719_170253.jpg

That's why I am asking, it's already been ten days, I want to check but I don't want to cause any more harm. I'd rather wait a few days more to be on the safe side,but I don't know how many..

That's why I am asking, it's already been ten days, I want to check but I don't want to cause any more harm. I'd rather wait a few days more to be on the safe side,but I don't know how many..
It's up to you to decide when to take it off.
If there were wounds under there, then it may be a good idea to check those too.

Back
Top Bottom