Broken spur help

Tell the vet to blow smoke. If you cut that, the bleeding will stop sooner, but the spur will not grow back.

This blog is so popular because there are so few vets that are knowledgeable about chickens....and clearly he ain't one if them.

There are a dozen or so items that make up a chicken first aid kit. Blood stop powder is one.
Good thing we didn't agree of what the vet said. Thank you for making me realised that my decision is not wrong. This community really helps me. Idk what's in that vet's mind. Maybe because chickens in our country only popular for cock fight, egg and meat so maybe he doesn't care that muchon how we feel about our pet. We're supposed to go meet the vet in person this coming saturday but after I saw all of your suggestions, my worries slowly leaving me. Just like what you all said here is more accurate. The wound looks ugly and black and some said that it will be fine and will going to be clear soon. Yesterday when we cleaned the wound, the black color is isn't that bad. I think its turning back again into its original color which is yellow.

Attachments

• received_253544570864171.jpeg
    received_253544570864171.jpeg
    290.7 KB · Views: 4
Good thing we didn't agree of what the vet said. Thank you for making me realised that my decision is not wrong. This community really helps me. Idk what's in that vet's mind. Maybe because chickens in our country only popular for cock fight, egg and meat so maybe he doesn't care that muchon how we feel about our pet. We're supposed to go meet the vet in person this coming saturday but after I saw all of your suggestions, my worries slowly leaving me. Just like what you all said here is more accurate. The wound looks ugly and black and some said that it will be fine and will going to be clear soon. Yesterday when we cleaned the wound, the black color is isn't that bad. I think its turning back again into its original color which is yellow.
The black is just dried blood. It should start hardening in the next few days. In a week or two it will be fairly stiff. A month or so and he'll have a little spur.

He'll be a little lopsided visually, but he'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom