Brooder bedding?

First 2 weeks I use pee pads and old towels, once the goslings, ducklings are able to distinguish what's food and what's not I use the thick pine shavings that's used for horse bedding.

IMG_20200520_202001.jpg

So I have my brooder set up for my goslings ready to arrive by the weekend, they'll be approx 1 week old - could have get opinions please? I'll obviously have water and food closest the window so they can get light and not splash water on their heating plate

Your probably will have to raise your brooder plate up because you’ll be amazed how tall your little goslings will be. I bet your excited for them to finally be coming home! Look forward to pic! You brooder looks good!

I'm so excited! The breeder has told me she can't give me two the same age though and that they will be 10 days apart...personally I can't see much issue with that, especially a few months down the line I would imagine they will be approximately the same size; given geese live so long I would imagine 10 days difference is no big deal further down the line? As it's my first time keeping birds of any kind is there something important that I'm missing about this issue?

The heater is the brinsea ecoglow 500 and that is set at max height already, when I originally bought it the website said it was appropriate for geese but now doesn't say that...I suppose I can always find something to prop it up on to give some extra height? I've made sure to buy a thermometer to keep in the brooder too

So you’ll have a newly hatched an a 10 day old?only problem I see would be younger getting stepped on but I’m sure you’ll be paying attention.

Back
Top Bottom