Brooder Plate

Pumphrey

Songster
Sep 27, 2019
Was wondering if I could get some recommendations for brooder plates? Reviews on several say they either get to hot or too cold. Was hoping to hear some recommendations from those who had a good experience with theirs.

Was wondering if I could get some recommendations for brooder plates? Reviews on several say they either get to hot or too cold. Was hoping to hear some recommendations from those who had a good experience with theirs.
Signature 25 Chick Brooder https://amzn.eu/d/7hVgoPy

This is the one I recently bought. It’s worked very well, more natural for them as it works the same as a hen. Also, after around a week they hardly use it much as they’ve adapted to the room temperature more due to the fact they don’t have constant heat over the whole brooder. So they’re feathering out quick too.

It’s actually discounted at the moment and it has very good reviews. I also recommend putting it at an angle if you get one, so the front legs are higher than the back legs, this way they can choose how close they want to be to it 🙂

Signature 25 Chick Brooder https://amzn.eu/d/7hVgoPy
I have two of these, a smaller and a bigger one, and I'm planning to buy another big one (if I hatch more chicks). I used them both for chickens and quails and I like them a lot.
I also bought the plastic cap to avoid chicks jumping on the top. For my first brood I tried just putting a towel on the top instead of the cap (I liked the idea of the chicks sitting there), but it was too messy in my opinion:confused:
Anyway, they save a lot of electricity, compared to a heat lamp, and they work like a real broody (no 24/7 light on chicks).
They also have a very little red light on the top so you always know if they are working without having to open the brooder and touching the heater.
I also recommend putting it at an angle if you get one, so the front legs are higher than the back legs, this way they can choose how close they want to be to it 🙂
I also recommend that, I always use the plates a side lower than the other.

Thank you everyone for your great suggestions. I got a brooder plate and it was too hot so it is going back. Ended up getting a infrared lamp but the bulb was broken. He to put my chicks on a heating pad since the feed store was closed. Using light when I am up during the day and a heating pad at night. They did fine. Also thank you to those who advised me against one chick. I got two Salmon Faverolles yesterday. about 10 days old. I can't imagine how lonely an only would have been watching them interact.

Back
Top Bottom