Brooder Pneumonia NOT fatal

fiddleandfolk

Hatching
Jul 20, 2020
I just had to post and share our experiences with brooder pneumonia. When our little babe was barely alive + wheezing in our brooder, we were desperate to find a solution.

I am a research fanatic and couldn’t believe just how many resources stated there wasn’t much we could do. Many said to put the babe out of her misery because it was so rare to pull through.

I couldn’t accept this information and kept researching until I found a reddit thread on using garlic/cloves in the chicken’s water. Each day, we added the cloves and in 5 days she pulled through. She went from barely breathing/wheezing to being active and playful with her brother again.

Today, she is still thriving and we named her Trooper. I hope this random bit of information can help someone else’s baby pull through ♥️💜

I just had to post and share our experiences with brooder pneumonia. When our little babe was barely alive + wheezing in our brooder, we were desperate to find a solution.

I am a research fanatic and couldn’t believe just how many resources stated there wasn’t much we could do. Many said to put the babe out of her misery because it was so rare to pull through.

I couldn’t accept this information and kept researching until I found a reddit thread on using garlic/cloves in the chicken’s water. Each day, we added the cloves and in 5 days she pulled through. She went from barely breathing/wheezing to being active and playful with her brother again.

Today, she is still thriving and we named her Trooper. I hope this random bit of information can help someone else’s baby pull through ♥️💜
Actually I had the same experience just this week. One of my ducklings had aspiration pneumonia and the vet was not an option due to avian influenza.

So I made water with garlic/ginger and vinegar, and gave him/her parsley to eat!
The duckling is completely fine now! It took from Saturday, extremely letargic/out of breath to Thursday ( only a cough/sneeze once in a while) and now you couldn’t tell the difference.
I felt so proud!

I guess there might be something in those internet advices! (At least they didn’t harm our ducklings 🐥)

Back
Top Bottom