Brooder Q?

zimmy

Songster
12 Years
Mar 24, 2007
Orlando
Wondering-I've seen someone here use a...erm... something like a ferret-or-critter-or-whatever-some-sort-of-small-animal cage, as what looked like, a brooder. It was pretty big, but would the barred sides be considered okays for new little chickies?
jumpy.gif

I'm using something very similar. Its about 4 ft long by 3 ft wide. To maintain the heat in the cage I've got something called Reflectix on the top, its bubble wrap sandwiched between to pieces of aluminium. During the day three of the sides are covered with towels. Even having the front open the temp directly under the light, which is sitting on the top of the cage is near 100 degrees.

Hmm... That sounds like extra trouble to go thrpugh, vs a regular box...

I have to give them away when they get their feathers, but I might go and hatch summore chickies later on... It would come in handy if I decided to hatch again...

(I'm hatching for, what started off as just something that sounded fun that bloomed into extracredit in science and a thing for church. Have one person eager to get chickens again, after hers were eaten by a critter...)

Back
Top Bottom