Brooder set up

Eggsandbeyond

Songster
Apr 13, 2023
First time with ducklings! I've raised chicks many times and realizing a chicken set up brooder is not the best for ducks lol. Messy little things! Any tips and photos of your brooder set ups for ducklings? Any other advice is appreciated. They're in a separate brooder than chicks. And occasionally will swim in the bath tub for short periods then back in the heated brooder.

Some good ideas. https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/how-to-set-up-a-duckling-brooder.75719/
Something like this set on top of a pan with a pee pad under it can help keep the water from going everywhere. I used an X large dog crate attached top to bottom with tie wraps and used this as a brooder and put old window screens over the top. The plastic try I found at a thrift store worked great to put a pee pad over then food and water on top
IMG_2209.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2627.jpeg
    IMG_2627.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 4
I start mine in a big rubbermade bin with a heat table on one end and food and water on the other. As they grow I move them into the small size plastic kiddie pool and then eventually they end up in the larger size before going outside. I start with tiny food and water dishes (using the upside down mason jar initially) and move to heavier glass bowls as they grow. I use towels. It's a lot of washing and changing but it works for me.

Back
Top Bottom