BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

Thank you so much DeerFangRanch. It sure is HUGE so that is why it is in the garage. The top 2.5 wire didnt need to be that tall so I would recommend taking off about 1/2 to 1 foot.
Ahaha, I wouldn't say that just yet. It'll be perfect for adding some roosts when the babies get older and start testing out their wings.

Our friend built this brooder for us. Of course we paid for materials and we are trading pet sitting for their construction time. It is 6 feet tall. 8 feet long and 2.5 feet wide. The bottom open space underneath is 2 feet, then 1.5 feet of plywood, then 2.5 feet of wire. The 2 top doors open outward and the bottom 8 ft door drops/opens downward for easy cleaning. It is 20 sq ft total and I have 36 chicks in there. They seem to be happy and enjoying the space.

Wow, that is truly impressive. Now, I want to build a new and bigger brooder!

Ahaha, I wouldn't say that just yet. It'll be perfect for adding some roosts when the babies get older and start testing out their wings.

HAHA they already seem to be flying all over inside of it. They run, skip and jump/fly across 6 feet of it in 3 seconds, lol. They sure love frolicking about. I was thinking of putting an 8 foot roost from long end to long end, what do you all think? I cannot do it across the 2.5 ft section because the bottom door comes down. I should have taken a photo of the bottom door down but I didnt think of it until the shavings were already in and when I open the bottom door, some shavings fall out and I didnt wanna clean it up just for a photo, lol..

Last edited:

My brooder is a 3'x4' dog crate. They lasted in the plastic bin a little over a week, before they started flying out of it. This one gives them plenty of room to fly around and play, as well as a big roosting branch and a little one on the ground. They line up along the big roost at night when I turn the room light off. It's so cute!

Our friend built this brooder for us. Of course we paid for materials and we are trading pet sitting for their construction time. It is 6 feet tall. 8 feet long and 2.5 feet wide. The bottom open space underneath is 2 feet, then 1.5 feet of plywood, then 2.5 feet of wire. The 2 top doors open outward and the bottom 8 ft door drops/opens downward for easy cleaning. It is 20 sq ft total and I have 36 chicks in there. They seem to be happy and enjoying the space.

ep.gif
That is such a cool brooder!

Back
Top Bottom