BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

looks good for at least that many no problems. Just use something with a thermostat in it to keep them warm. and remember the cats can reach.
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
oh my gosh! What IS that?!? Sorry- I didn't mention the whole thing will be inside our girl's "playhouse"
Here is our tractor for when they grow out/integrating them in the flock
And the space we planned our open air coop for...until the first El Niño storm hit this week...flooded the entire area. My thought now is to stack blocks up on the front and back, fill with gravel, top with wire, then fill with sand and dirt... Thoughts? We've also now decided to enclose the left top with greenhouse siding to protect from rain.

1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
oh my gosh! What IS that?!? Sorry- I didn't mention the whole thing will be inside our girl's "playhouse"

Here is our tractor for when they grow out/integrating them in the flock

And the space we planned our open air coop for...until the first El Niño storm hit this week...flooded the entire area. My thought now is to stack blocks up on the front and back, fill with gravel, top with wire, then fill with sand and dirt... Thoughts? We've also now decided to enclose the left top with greenhouse siding to protect from rain.

Last edited:
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
oh my gosh! What IS that?!?
it is a picture of a cat's arm reaching through a small hole in a wall. the cat is on the other side of the road.

It shows how a cat can reach deep inside your coop or brooder through the holes in the wire mesh. So be careful.

Not sure if you saw, it'll be indoors...

As for the tarps- We are Southern California and experiencing the introduction to the El Niño storm system that hits every few years. HEAVY rains and winds! Yes- it's a huge pain to maneuver around the bungee cords, but they're only temporary! The trash cans have their feed and scratch in them so they're heavy enough to anchor the tarp.
1f60a.png
My husband just got home with a bigger one that should extend past the edges if the nesting boxes. The roof is water resistant, but the water ran straight down I to the small space where the box lids are hinged.

Last edited:
looks good for at least that many no problems. Just use something with a thermostat in it to keep them warm. and remember the cats can reach.
Soooo, believe it or not, I went to go get the cheap mini coop/brooder and the woman says, "Oh- we just sold it."! Seriously! I was so ticked!!! So- I went back on Craig's list and found three more- the first, and obvious choice- the two story rabbit hutch... What do you think, @Blooie?
Then there are the two cabinets I can repurpose. They are both nearly free- I very well may just buy them, do it for fun and sell (after I get all the awesome ideas from you folks!
1f609.png
)...
They asked $125 for the hutch, I offered $50...they took it. My girls will want bunnies someday, I'm sure, right? Lol

Back
Top Bottom