BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

Hi! Newbie chicken owner here! I've read a lot on the brooder thread (great info, thank you!)
Just trying to get some ideas in terms of size.
My spouse is going to build me a brooder tomorrow (I have 14 bielefelder chicks coming on Sunday) and I know what I'm using in terms of materials, etc. but still trying to figure out how big it should be!
TIA for any help :)
A
A good rule of thumb is 1sqft per chick. You can be a little smaller at first, but you will be amazed how quickly they want to stretch!

I have a smaller brooder that I found in one of my sheds. It's an old home built file cabinet. Lol. Don't have pics but I have pics of my super brooder I just finished.

Here is my brooder, it is old bearded dragon enclosure that I had thought of selling so many times, happy now that I never did. It is working perfectly!

Yes- I was excited this spring to pick & choose my chicks to grow my flock. Researched in some good kid friendly birds & went w 3 EEs, 3 BR & 3 buff orps. And we added 3 ducklings tonight & 6 welsummers coming in May in addition to our current 7 hens & on & on it goes! I love the EEs tho- I think they look like they're wearing eyeliner! Ha ha

Yes- I was excited this spring to pick & choose my chicks to grow my flock. Researched in some good kid friendly birds & went w 3 EEs, 3 BR & 3 buff orps. And we added 3 ducklings tonight & 6 welsummers coming in May in addition to our current 7 hens & on & on it goes! I love the EEs tho- I think they look like they're wearing eyeliner! Ha ha
HAHA, I have easter eggers and a few other varieties, along with ducklings, goslings, and guinea fowl coming April 13th!!!! This is my first time raising birds, so super excited!!!!!
celebrate.gif

My first 2 baby chicks! I'll be getting 2 more tomorrow hopefully. Some silver Laced Wyandottes. They wern't hatched yet at the feed store when I got these two which are some sort of Bantam breed. They just got assorted straight run and I'm like 90 % sure they're pullets.

Here's our first brooder. :) As you can tell our dogs are very curious. I'm very excited to be a chicken owner. I wish I took better pics. Maybe tomorrow I'll post better ones.

Back
Top Bottom