BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

Pics
Hmm, can someone say " Roasted Chicken?"
lau.gif
Nice idea there.
What about drafts from the flu? Or possibly some varmit getting in from sliding down the chimney like Santa Claus?

I am amazed at the inventiveness found on this thread though, it is amazing at what people can find to use for raising babies. Good Work everybody.

the damper is at it's smallest open setting for ventilation and the heat from the lamp creates an updraft. there's an expanded metal cap on top of the chimney. they seem happy as they are not piling ontop of eachother and are rather scattered around. i slid a dowel rod in the scroll work brackets at the base and clamped both ends with vicegrips so the dogs can't open the doors man these little boogers eat !!! if i can get two weeks out of this setup the coop will be ready to double as a brooder.

Okay, if I can find the camera battery, hubby said it is on the charger, just have to find that, I will get pic's of how I do my chicks. I will also post the pictures of my unfinished coop. Just comes to show, everyone has a good and vivid imagination when it comes to raising our little feather babies. I just love mine, sometimes I just wish they would stay little. If they would stay babies, I would not have to hatch out more.
smile.png

I am bummed!
sad.png
The store still hadn't gotten any chicks in by Thursday when I'd been waiting since Monday so I just odered 25 chicks from a hatchery.Now I have to wait til this Thusrday to get my babies.And to top it off they are calling for cold weather and some light snow.But I guess this way I have this week to learn as much as I can on top of what I have.You guys are great to learn from!

We started with a bucket but as my chick hording grew worse we graduated to one of those big silver things that they have at the feed store. Its so big we have 3 heat lamps. The chicks have pine shavings. We got the feeders from the feed store. What is fun is that we have several different tempature areas. That way the older chicks can stay the temp they like and the younger ones stay as warm as they want

http://cid-3de317f98ed718cc.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/chicks 09/Pictures 2009 March 065.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I have to wait until May to get 11 that I ordered last week.
sad.png
I wish mine were coming next

week.
tongue.gif
But I will have mine soon enought I suppose.
yippiechickie.gif

My 2 new Golden comets arrived this past thursday so I gave them a quick "rubbermaid" brooder.

Old screen is really just to have something to clamp the lamp to, 60 watt bulb and food water they were all set. I will be building them a 2X4 brooder as they will quickly out grow this set up, but it works

tmpbrooder_001.jpg

tmpbrooder_002.jpg

Sandy and Blondie the early days

Sandy-blondie_003.jpg

Sandy-blondie_001.jpg

Farmer Mack - ok were did all these critters come from?
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom