Brooding ducks and geese together

That autocorrect is a bear! Have you noticed the little pencil icon? Lets us edit.

Anyway, I wish I could give an answer - we have only brooded ducklings. But I know there are some duck-goose people here on the forum.

@Miss Lydia has had both as 'lings, so perhaps she can share some wisdom when she sees this thread.

Thanks! Usually, I edit, but I thought it could use a little bump
1f609.png

is it safe to brewed a very small number of ducks and geese together? I am thinking like three docs and three geese. TIA
When gosling and ducklings it's fine to brood together since both require same care. it's when they get to breeding age they will have to be separated because geese can get very protective especially ganders it's a natural behavior with them but can be harmful with ducks especially if kept in the same pen together. Not as bad if they have a large amount of property to be in together.

When gosling and ducklings it's fine to brood together since both require same care. it's when they get to breeding age they will have to be separated because geese can get very protective especially ganders it's a natural behavior with them but can be harmful with ducks especially if kept in the same pen together. Not as bad if they have a large amount of property to be in together.

We are free ranging the ducks on 10 acres and a small pond (although they don't use the whole 10) during the day and then we pen them at night (pretty much penned dusk to dawn). Will we need to pen them separately at night?

We are free ranging the ducks on 10 acres and a small pond (although they don't use the whole 10) during the day and then we pen them at night (pretty much penned dusk to dawn). Will we need to pen them separately at night?
Not until they get towards breeding age. as long as the pen is large and they aren't cramped. when they get breeding ages they will need their own pen and house.

Back
Top Bottom