1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Broody and only 3 days in...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jnckids, Apr 20, 2017.

1. jnckids

jnckids Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2017
    North Shore, Illinois
    So my Partridge Brahma just went broody and we would like to move her out of the main coop to an isolated coop. When is the best time and what is the best way to do it?

2. jnckids

Mar 27, 2017
    North Shore, Illinois
    [​IMG]

This is her...

3. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    She is adorable! I'm always afraid to move mine too early. I had one once that I moved to a less favorite nest box because there was some egg breakages. The next day, I found her back in her favorite box and she had stolen another hen's freshly laid egg and claimed it as her own. Now I only move moms after hatch because I know she will stay with the babies. Maybe someone else has better luck than I did.

4. jnckids

Mar 27, 2017
    North Shore, Illinois
    She broke an egg today. We moved her to mark her eggs because we didn't want her to start tucking more eggs under her. Found a broken egg. So we removed it and the mess. Wiped the yoke off the other eggs and marked them. She took off, ate, drank, and took a dust bath. I was concerned she wasn't going to get back on the eggs. Amen I went to look she had roosted. So I grabbed her and tossed her back in the coop and she went and say on the eggs.

She's sitting on a bunch. Lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by