broody coturnix, help!

I have never had a problem with egg eating in either my quail or my chickens and I am in the habit of just throwing half broken eggs down for them to eat. Mainly they are too stupid figure out how to break the eggs themselves and mostly tend to just ignore an egg once it is laid. That's my notice anyway.

Thanks for the tips everyone. My birds have never had the idea to break eggs and eat them on their own. They ate some that were stepped on, but that's it. I thought they may be too stupid to recognize the whole eggs as food. But I wasnt sure if I gave them more if they would turn into egg addicts! They would start killing and maiming to get their fix, lol. Well, no more eggs for these birdies, just to be safe. I like the idea of a pigeon helping out to incubate the quail eggs. I think I may also try to pinpoint which female owns the nest after it's full and make her a different enclosure. I think she really wants to sit there but the others make it impossible, especially when she has to run from the male constantly!

Back
Top Bottom