Broody Dolly Parton Hatchalong!

@Debbie292d @Chive

Sorry if y'all were already tagged!
I was, but missed it. It takes two to get me anywhere today as I need more sleep lol.

I'll take #6 and Joni Mitchell. Joni if a girl, Mitchell if a boy.

Joni.jpg

I was, but missed it. It takes two to get me anywhere today as I need more sleep lol.

I'll take #6 and Joni Mitchell. Joni if a girl, Mitchell if a boy.

View attachment 3824199
I feel that. Running on fumes right now. My kid switched schedules on me so of course I had too as well. Been waking up at like 5pm and staying up aaaaalllll night to make sure kids are in school and all. I'm drained. Anyone need some strong af coffee besides me?

My pullet, Dolly Parton (named by one of my BYC friends), has went broody at only 6 months old! She is laying on 7 eggs. Some are probably hers but I know a few that aren't bc they are blue lol. Either way. Pick a number and egg!

1-
2- Jewel (@WoDia )
3-
4- Miley (@tlcmurphy )
5- Bonnie Tyler (@fluffycrow )
6- Joni Mitchell (@Debbie292d )
7- Taylor (@GirlsHuntToo )

I went and counted and marked them. She seems to trust me a bit more lately. Enough to pull em out, number em hastily, and stick em back in. Pictures of Dolly Parton and her future babies! Miss Dolly is a NN silkie mix.
May I root for #3? How about Lilac for a name, and if it's a boy Hickory? Do you have either names already?

She's a beautiful hen! I a love her feather pattern and I absolutely adore her crest! I need a few hens are like her that will go broody for me! I actually have a hen right now that just went broody at five months old, and she's about to hatch 7 duck eggs and 2 chicken eggs next week. Buuuuuuuuut I could always use some more broodies. :p

How long can a broody be off the nest btw. I saw her walking around this morning and put her back on her nest. She went right back to being broody. Lol. I did let her eat and drink. And I moved the waterer closer.

Back
Top Bottom