Broody duck or incubator?

portiaari

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Bristol
Hi all, after my last disastrous attempt at hatching eggs in my incubator I did decide to try again and I have 5 of my duck's eggs in the incubator, they are on day 8 and I've candled them all and they are all developing nicely.
Here is my debate though, Maggie the mummy duck has gone broody and as of today has decided to sit on the 5 eggs in her nest she's made. (she's been building up to it for a little while and spending more and more time sat, but today she's only been out for 10 mins or so) Can I transfer her eggs that are in my incubator to her nest and remove the other 5 that she has started sitting today. Do the eggs stand a better chance under her or in my incubator?
My own feeling is that I'd rather she had them so that she is in charge of the heat and humidity etc and to be honest I'm so scared that none of them will hatch again, I think I'll feel less bad if they don't hatch under her than if they don't hatch in my bator.
Opinions please?
smile.png

Oh and she is a miniature silver appleyard duck, sitting on eggs that could be min appleyards or call duck crosses!

Back
Top Bottom