Broody has broken egg open and chick inside is breathing

Pics
Hope and her brooder mates have graduated to free ranging today. They are all doing great and have made their way around the property, navigating their way back to their coop every now and again. Breathing a big sigh of relief like my job is done. Copping a few warning pecks as they pass the bigger chickens but there is another group of four chicks the same age as Hope who have left their broody mother and 7 in Hope’s brooder group, so they have enough numbers to start their own flock. I dont think the other chickens will give them too much trouble and all roosters are acting like gentle protective father figures.
Phew!! Raising babies is hard work. And now I’ve found out I have another human bun in the oven. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Might skip hatching any more chicks next spring..

Attachments

• 81A63591-0F11-4F05-8732-0EDDB3D5186D.jpeg
    81A63591-0F11-4F05-8732-0EDDB3D5186D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 5E6F55B3-45B4-4DCD-9CCB-1688713853F2.jpeg
    5E6F55B3-45B4-4DCD-9CCB-1688713853F2.jpeg
    887.9 KB · Views: 14
Hope and her brooder mates have graduated to free ranging today. They are all doing great and have made their way around the property, navigating their way back to their coop every now and again. Breathing a big sigh of relief like my job is done. Copping a few warning pecks as they pass the bigger chickens but there is another group of four chicks the same age as Hope who have left their broody mother and 7 in Hope’s brooder group, so they have enough numbers to start their own flock. I dont think the other chickens will give them too much trouble and all roosters are acting like gentle protective father figures.
Phew!! Raising babies is hard work. And now I’ve found out I have another human bun in the oven. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Might skip hatching any more chicks next spring..
Hey! I was wondering how Hope was doing. 💖💖

And congratulations 💖, you will definitely have to let us know about that too🤗

So glad the chicks are doing well, just goes to show! Just have to have a bit of faith and Hope!

Back
Top Bottom