Broody hen being singled out by our rooster

LoneCedarFarm

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 9, 2013
Beavercreek, OR
I have a hen whiio has been broody for a few weeks now and our rooster just started chasing her and attacking her a few days ago.
He is trying to keep her separated from the flock and now she is more hiding in the coop that tending any eggs. She has a bit of a dirty bottom but seems otherwise completely healthy with a good weight, red comb, bright eyes, etc. Any ideas?
Our rooster is a great protector an has driven away neighbor dogs and is "friendly" to us humans, so I would rather not get rid of him...

I have a hen whiio has been broody for a few weeks now and our rooster just started chasing her and attacking her a few days ago.
He is trying to keep her separated from the flock and now she is more hiding in the coop that tending any eggs. She has a bit of a dirty bottom but seems otherwise completely healthy with a good weight, red comb, bright eyes, etc. Any ideas?
Our rooster is a great protector an has driven away neighbor dogs and is "friendly" to us humans, so I would rather not get rid of him...
Can you separate her until she forgets her broodiness or hatches and raises her chicks?

She is separating herself at this point and hangs out alone in the tree in our front yard.
I will be doing a thorough examination tonight and maybe try a therapeutic warm water soak of her rear.
Our dog crates are full of chicks right now, might have to make her a box....

Back
Top Bottom