Broody hen being singled out by our rooster

LoneCedarFarm

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 9, 2013
Beavercreek, OR
I have a hen whiio has been broody for a few weeks now and our rooster just started chasing her and attacking her a few days ago.
He is trying to keep her separated from the flock and now she is more hiding in the coop that tending any eggs. She has a bit of a dirty bottom but seems otherwise completely healthy with a good weight, red comb, bright eyes, etc. Any ideas?
Our rooster is a great protector an has driven away neighbor dogs and is "friendly" to us humans, so I would rather not get rid of him...

TOP KNOT

Songster
6 Years
Mar 10, 2013
SHERIDAN IL
I have a hen whiio has been broody for a few weeks now and our rooster just started chasing her and attacking her a few days ago.
He is trying to keep her separated from the flock and now she is more hiding in the coop that tending any eggs. She has a bit of a dirty bottom but seems otherwise completely healthy with a good weight, red comb, bright eyes, etc. Any ideas?
Our rooster is a great protector an has driven away neighbor dogs and is "friendly" to us humans, so I would rather not get rid of him...
Can you separate her until she forgets her broodiness or hatches and raises her chicks?

LoneCedarFarm

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 9, 2013
Beavercreek, OR
She is separating herself at this point and hangs out alone in the tree in our front yard.
I will be doing a thorough examination tonight and maybe try a therapeutic warm water soak of her rear.
Our dog crates are full of chicks right now, might have to make her a box....

Top Bottom