~Broody Hen Contest!~ Results on first Page

RioLindoAz

Sleeping
13 Years
Jul 8, 2007
Yuma, Arizona
Now that Spring has walked through our door and is ready to take over the land, I figured that the time has come to find a cure for Spring Fever.
How about a broody hen contest?
Nothing soothes the heart more than seeing a fluffy chick nestling next to his mamma on a warm spring day.
But I must warn you, there is a catch. This cure includues a variety of sideaffects, such as Cuteness overload, the gimmes, and a sudden urge to buy more chickens.
But I'm sure most of you have experienced all of these sideaffects by just checking around the forum.

Rules:
-Hen can be any breed
-Chicks do not have to be visible
-Chicks can be any age
-Enjoy yourself!

Please post as many pictures as you want and remember to leave us a little story about your broody hen!

To warm up this contest, I'll post some broody pics of my own:

Nieves was one of the first silkies I've ever had. The first time she went broody, 7 of her 8 eggs hatched. They hatched on a wonderful Spring morning as the sun was shining and the birds were singing.

100_0003.jpg

100_0005-2.jpg

The chick on our left had a children of her own too, her name was Natalie.

100_0003-1.jpg

Unlike her mother, Natalie's chicks were born on a stormy night. Only 3 of her 15 eggs hatched.

Photos029.jpg

Photos028.jpg

Pictures will be judged 95% on cuteness and 5% on photo quality.

The Contest ends on June 1st.

We have openings for 2 more judges. PM me if you are intrested.
Be sure to take a look at the "Must read before starting a contest" thread stickied to the top of the OPS page before you PM me asking to be a judge.

Have Fun!
~Rio

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Results Are In!

Thank you to everyone that entered! I hope you all had fun!

Our Third place winner goes to.............
greenfamilyfarm's Tippler pigeon broody pair!
DSC01950.jpg

clap.gif

Second Place goes to.......
CUDA's grouchy hen. I don't think I want to mess with her.....
002---Copy.gif

thumbsup.gif

First place goes to.......
........Hold your breath.............

kawaii's Beatiful, broody, mutt!
3446567694_004f0bec79.jpg

2739747143_d6f6d0d410.jpg

bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Congrats to the winner!

Now....
I hope you don't think the contest if over just quite yet, do you?

The judges & I have decieded to congratulate two more contestants for their wonderful entree.

Best story goes to:

Arwmommy!

Quote:
And best broody hidding place goes to:

ChickenBuddy!

gig.gif

Quote:
First place gets a ChickenSketch from HorseFeathers. Please remember to thank her for supporting this show!
wink.png

Thanks again to everyone that entered!
~Rio

Last edited by a moderator:
White Rock had five fuzzy ones with two that are not camera shy. She is my first broody hen and I feel l like christmas came in March. No greater thing than to see a mother with her babies.

WhiteRockHenwithChicks3-17-09.jpg

no chicks yet but have the pic so I have to post...there are four hens in this nest all broody...the buff is the mama of the other three but did not hatch them herself and never went broody last year...this started with one hen and then this weekend they all decided to join her!

18410_broodies.jpg

I will post one with chicks in a couple days...I think that is when they are due to hatch...I know...I know...write it down
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom