1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BROODY Hen Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by tamz08, Apr 5, 2012.

1. tamz08

tamz08 Out Of The Brooder

Hi
    We seem to have two broody hens. (sitting for three days). We have moved them to their own coop with run but since moving them 2 days ago they have not sat in the nesting box just walked up & down, up & down the run like mad dogs wanting to get out. Do you think I should let them back out to join their flock or should I leave it a couple of days. I am afraid if I let them out they will just go back and sit on the next again. Any advice - PLEEEESE. Thank you

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    You may have broken their broody spell. I'd leave them in there for a day or two. If they're still not sitting I'd let them back with the others

3. 1 lucky dad

1 lucky dad Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2011
    West Farmington,ohio
    Hurry up and put them back and see if they start setting again. If they do give it a few more days and move them at night. If you can make there nesting area kinda dark and cozy, maybe give them golf balls for a few days after that to make sure they are committed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by