Broody hen introduction

Top Rooster

Crowing
7 Years
Aug 16, 2015
North East Oklahoma
so I have two broody hens and their eggs due dates on the same day. One was my test broody to see if I could hatch inside the coop and I worry now because I don't want them to get hurt. On the other hand my other broody hen has been separated for three weeks now and her eggs are hatching now anyway my plan for her was to put her in a pen by the other chickens once her eggs hatch but now I'm worrying about the other broody could I put her with the other broody in the pen or will they fight?

I'm worrying about the other broody could I put her with the other broody in the pen or will they fight?
Might work/might not. I tried that once with no luck, one hen killed about 1/2 of the others chicks before I got back for a check. Yours might get along great. I know you will get a lot of opinions on this but let me tell you how I feel. I sleep good every night and feel good about my new broody chicks every day--knowing they are safe when I got them each in private separate pens---its a great feeling to not worry what Might happen. Good Luck with your mom and chicks which ever way you go.

I do realize my set-up and yours as well as others can be a lot different----that's why you have to decide whats best for you. I Do Not Mix young with old----never(anymore).

Back
Top Bottom