Broody hen no eggs

Tammigurl1969

In the Brooder
Sep 4, 2023
Hi my one and only egg laying hen has gone broody!! I didn't realise ( first ever broody hen) and put her egg in the refrigfterator last night. Do I just let her sit on nothing and let nature flow or do I put the refrigerator eggs under her

Hi my one and only egg laying hen has gone broody!! I didn't realise ( first ever broody hen) and put her egg in the refrigerator last night. Do I just let her sit on nothing and let nature flow or do I put the refrigerator eggs under her
I would just let nature flow. When you put eggs in the refrigerator they will not hatch. Also another option would be to buy some golf balls and let her sit on those, but if you want chicks you can also buy hatching eggs!
If you want to let nature flow than just everytime you go outside to the chickens take her out of the next box and the coop.

I would just let nature flow. When you put eggs in the refrigerator they will not hatch. Also another option would be to buy some golf balls and let her sit on those, but if you want chicks you can also buy hatching eggs!
If you want to let nature flow than just everytime you go outside to the chickens take her out of the next box and the coop.
Thank you she is in a very awkward spot for me to get in and remove her. I may just have to leave her and let it flow. I did notice another hen in another area is making noises so she may be trying to lay I get a egg from her once every so often. So maybe I will get lucky and she will lay today and I can put that egg under broody. 1 chicken is better than none I guess🤣

Back
Top Bottom