Broody Hen Thread!

I'm loving it...spring has sprung and all the little chickees are hatching!
jumpy.gif

LofMc

I have a few broody hens but I can't keep other hens from stealing her eggs. I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you!

I have a few broody hens but I can't keep other hens from stealing her eggs. I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you!
Hi. My rooster was disturbing our broody hen so what we did was set up a small pen around her hen box to keep him out (big enough for her to get up and stretch her legs a bit), then lined it with chicken wire at the bottom to keep the chicks in when they hatched. Of course she has her own little food and water bowls in there too. If you wanna try setting one up they work great.
big_smile.png

Thank you for the idea. We have tried separating her but she will not lay on them anymore.She really likes the nesting boxes.

Thank you for the idea. We have tried separating her but she will not lay on them anymore.She really likes the nesting boxes.

If I get a broody that likes to sit in the nest box I lock her in a small kennel for an hour and they usually stay. BUT all chickens r different...

I have another broody on eggs!! She is a BA who I think will be a good momma. But who knows. Any ways my other chicks r 1 week old!! Its a little early but I think k that there is 4 girls and 1 boy...

Back
Top Bottom