Broody hen?

How come...not enough space for more birds?
Remember approx. half of those hatched be males...got a plan for that?
I have room it’s just that I already have 19 hens and I’m getting about 15 eggs a day and I couldn’t handle much more. Can’t get them sold quick enough. I have a cousin who is going to take 6 or 8 though so I’ll hatch 6 or 8 chicks to replace the ones I sell. And yes I have people who could take the roosters if that’s what we hatch out

@bpoore04 update?? Did she ever commit to the broodiness?
Nope. She still sat every other day for a few more weeks and then she just stopped. I wish she had completely committed though because I wanted to hatch chicks under a hen instead of an incubator. Anyways, an opportunity arose for me to put a few eggs in the incubator so I ended up with 4 chicks. And I had to sell my rooster due to aggressiveness so 🤷‍♀️. Don’t know what I’ll do if she does completely go broody. I guess I’ll just have to break her

So...... I put 6 eggs under her today. Let’s hope they are all still fertile because I got rid of my cockerel about two weeks ago :fl :fl We shall see if they hatch

Anyways, an opportunity arose for me to put a few eggs in the incubator so I ended up with 4 chicks.
So you have the chicks in the brooder instead of giving them to the broody?
...or maybe she hadn't 'committed' at that time, but now she has?

So...... I put 6 eggs under her today. Let’s hope they are all still fertile because I got rid of my cockerel about two weeks ago :fl :fl We shall see if they hatch
Two weeks should be good.

So you have the chicks in the brooder instead of giving them to the broody?
...or maybe she hadn't 'committed' at that time, but now she has?
I have 4 chicks in the brooder yes because someone was hatching eggs so I gave them some of mine to hatch along side theirs.

And hahahaha hahahaha :barnie I just went down there and she was off the nest running around trying to get out of where I had her sectioned off:he she had me fooled and I had everybody else on here fooled. Sorry guys. Seems like it just takes her the whole day to lay an egg. Man:idunno

Back
Top Bottom