broody or sick? ?

It is looking a bit better.  Just keep doing what you're doing and hopefully soon you can get to the bottom of it.  How old is she? 
she's 8 months. This morning I checked up on her and she seemed alot more aware of her surroundings. She began eating her layer feed as well as her eggs. She didn't try to sleep like she would she just keeps looking around as if she is not quite sure we're she was:p making progress tho!

That's good. You many want to consider some wormer for her like enola suggested. Safeguard liquid wormer for goats is good and valbazen is good too.

Hii I'm very worried about my RIR, I only have two chickens a RIR and buff Orpington. My buff Orpington has been broody before, and she would hiss/puff up but I'd shoo her out of the coop everyday and she'd go down to eat+drink then go back and I keep repeating be that cycle and for about a week or two or more she stops and is perfectly normal. Now my RIR is acting really, really strange. I noticed she was a bit slow and not acting as her perky self and it seems her comb has dropped a bit and isn't as bright red. She's started staying in her nesting box all day, but comes down once to drink/eat some days I have to push her out to eat/drink. She doesn't hiss or puff up like my buff Orpington does she just slowly gets up and comes out. Yesterday idk what happened I went back into my house and I hear a loud like crow and shreak so I went out to see what happened and I see her laying down with one of her wings and leg stretched out with her head down and she wasn't moving so I tapped her lightly and thank his she got up I thought I lost her sad.png and she drank some water. But my dad said when he went to open up the coop this morning she wasn't in the coop??? she was just outside which is weird because I clearly remember closing the coop. So today I went to check on her and she was in the nesting box so I tapped her lightly, again no hissing or puffy feathers and she gets up rlly rlly slowly and hesistates to leave, I tap her again and she starts walking towards the little ramp/run thingy and I tap her lightly again and a few seconds later she starts to crow and like shreaks like a quiet scream and she lays down spreading one of her wings and leg again, and has her head down, but she moves and adjusts the way she's laying. I didn't tap her again because I was afraid so I just moved some water up to the nesting box. Idk what's wrong with her sad.png I'm very worried, there were eggs today but idk who's it was. My RIR normally lays at least 5 times a week, now it's barely any. Please help!! Is she sick or just broody?? if she is sick, how can I help her? or if she's broody, how do I stop her? I have pictures if that helps.

Hii I'm very worried about my RIR, I only have two chickens a RIR and buff Orpington. My buff Orpington has been broody before, and she would hiss/puff up but I'd shoo her out of the coop everyday and she'd go down to eat+drink then go back and I keep repeating be that cycle and for about a week or two or more she stops and is perfectly normal. Now my RIR is acting really, really strange. I noticed she was a bit slow and not acting as her perky self and it seems her comb has dropped a bit and isn't as bright red. She's started staying in her nesting box all day, but comes down once to drink/eat some days I have to push her out to eat/drink. She doesn't hiss or puff up like my buff Orpington does she just slowly gets up and comes out. Yesterday idk what happened I went back into my house and I hear a loud like crow and shreak so I went out to see what happened and I see her laying down with one of her wings and leg stretched out with her head down and she wasn't moving so I tapped her lightly and thank his she got up I thought I lost her sad.png and she drank some water. But my dad said when he went to open up the coop this morning she wasn't in the coop??? she was just outside which is weird because I clearly remember closing the coop. So today I went to check on her and she was in the nesting box so I tapped her lightly, again no hissing or puffy feathers and she gets up rlly rlly slowly and hesistates to leave, I tap her again and she starts walking towards the little ramp/run thingy and I tap her lightly again and a few seconds later she starts to crow and like shreaks like a quiet scream and she lays down spreading one of her wings and leg again, and has her head down, but she moves and adjusts the way she's laying. I didn't tap her again because I was afraid so I just moved some water up to the nesting box. Idk what's wrong with her sad.png I'm very worried, there were eggs today but idk who's it was. My RIR normally lays at least 5 times a week, now it's barely any. Please help!! Is she sick or just broody?? if she is sick, how can I help her? or if she's broody, how do I stop her? I have pictures if that helps.
It sounds like your hen is sick.
If you can post your photos - especially in the position that she is laying down in that may help.

How old is she?
Can you feel of her abdomen - is it hard, soft, fluid filled?
How many days has she acted like this? 2?
Do you know if she was vaccinated for Marek's?

Check her over to make sure she has no leg injuries.

You may want to ask for help, gently feel inside her vent to make sure she doesn't have an egg stuck inside her. If you feel an egg, then will want to follow the instructions in the links below.

Try to keep her hydrated - you can add some poultry vitamins to her water if you have them.

Let me know how she is.

http://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2012/06/egg-bound-hens-how-to-recognize-treat.html
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/07/chicken-egg-binding-causes-symptoms.html

It sounds like your hen is sick.
If you can post your photos - especially in the position that she is laying down in that may help.

How old is she?
Can you feel of her abdomen - is it hard, soft, fluid filled?
How many days has she acted like this? 2?
Do you know if she was vaccinated for Marek's?

Check her over to make sure she has no leg injuries. 

You may want to ask for help, gently feel inside her vent to make sure she doesn't have an egg stuck inside her. If you feel an egg, then will want to follow the instructions in the links below.

Try to keep her hydrated - you can add some poultry vitamins to her water if you have them. 

Let me know how she is.

http://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2012/06/egg-bound-hens-how-to-recognize-treat.html
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/07/chicken-egg-binding-causes-symptoms.html

Currently it's rlly dark outside, but tomorrow I will check and let you know.
Should I seperate her from my other hen? I'm not too sure what are her droppings like. I'll check her abdomen and vent tomorrow. Will it feel hard if there's an egg?
She just turned 2 years old like two days ago.
She hasn't been vaccinated at all, unless the place I bought them from had vaccinated them when they were chicks (I got then when they were about a week old)
She's been inside the nesting box for about 4 days. But before that it's been like two weeks, but she would come out a lot more but she was kind of weak and not as lively. I also notice a lot of wild birds coming by, could they have possibly passed something to her??
I mixed some unflavored pedialyte into their water, should that help?
Currently I don't have photos of how she is laying down, but I will take them tomorrow if she's doing it again.

You can give her pedialyte if she is dehydrated. But not for more than a day or so.

Leave her be for the night and check on her in the morning.

If she has been like this for more than 48hrs, then it's most likely not an egg stuck in the vent. But feel of her abdomen to see if she feels swollen.

Make sure she is getting enough water and see if she will eat anything tomorrow.

Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom