Broody Polish- what to expect

Oncoming Storm

Crowing
Jun 3, 2019
So my polish girl has fallen into the baby fever trend going around my flock. But I thought polish didn’t go broody often. I’m fine with her sitting on them, but are polish good brooders and mamas? She also makes a weird chittering sound.

Bad broodies but great mamas

My polish was broody once for all of 15 minutes...
It was a normal day and my polish decided to be broody. I noticed this when she was rolling the other polish's egg under her like a broody. I rushed into my other coop and grabbed some fertilized eggs and brought them to my polish broody. She rolled each egg under her. I decided to leave her alone. I checked on her 10 minutes later and she was walking around normally.
So forgetful 🤣...

I recommend you wait a week or two then buy some day old chicks and give those to her. It would be cool to see if she lasts the full 21 days, though.

Bad broodies but great mamas

My polish was broody once for all of 15 minutes...
It was a normal day and my polish decided to be broody. I noticed this when she was rolling the other polish's egg under her like a broody. I rushed into my other coop and grabbed some fertilized eggs and brought them to my polish broody. She rolled each egg under her. I decided to leave her alone. I checked on her 10 minutes later and she was walking around normally.
So forgetful 🤣...

I recommend you wait a week or two then buy some day old chicks and give those to her. It would be cool to see if she lasts the full 21 days, though.
Well...all of the eggs should be fertilized unless the sebright got ahold of her. I’ll keep an eye on her and if she gives up I’ll just take the eggs. She seemed pretty dedicated though. She started doing this weird chitter sound that I guess was her “go away” sound.

F07B5D4A-30F3-44AC-9D12-6C222CD3F451.jpeg

She committed!

Back
Top Bottom