Broody Silkie

the3quail

Songster
Oct 6, 2020
Gilbert, AZ
My Coop
My Coop
Hi all
We have a 7 or 8-month-old silkie who is laying, and she's gone broody. Now-- we do not have a male, so no need for her to!!
How can I break her broody phase? She has given me a couple of hand injuries and is being very rude. We have read about 7 articles on how to break it, but nothing works. We took her out this morning, and she laid about a 4-inch poop, dog size.

Hi all
We have a 7 or 8-month-old silkie who is laying, and she's gone broody. Now-- we do not have a male, so no need for her to!!
How can I break her broody phase? She has given me a couple of hand injuries and is being very rude. We have read about 7 articles on how to break it, but nothing works. We took her out this morning, and she laid about a 4-inch poop, dog size.
Put her in a cage with no hay or bedding just water and food

We cant elevate it. it Is way to heavy, and there is no bottom, just bedding ontop of dirt
That might be the problem. As long as they can generate heat by sitting down on a solid surface then their hormones will continue. What about using a metal dog crate? You can put a little perch in it for her. You could elevated on wood or bricks doesn’t have to be very far off the ground just enough to have air circulating and that she has no contact with the ground.😊

We
That might be the problem. As long as they can generate heat by sitting down on a solid surface then their hormones will continue. What about using a metal dog crate? You can put a little perch in it for her. You could elevated on wood or bricks doesn’t have to be very far off the ground just enough to have air circulating and that she has no contact with the ground.😊
might be able to..
Gave her a cold bath.. she has been screeching on the top of her chicken lungs since we blow dried her and put her outside

Back
Top Bottom