Broody's fertile egg :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by moodusnewchick, May 16, 2009.

1. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Songster

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    [​IMG]
    I'm so sad!! I opened the door of my coop to collect fresh eggs...i've got three confirmed broodies sitting right by the door (of course). An egg fell!!! I'm so sad 'cause i feel like i aborted a baby...well, you know what i mean. It was actually developing features! This is my first time allowing the girls to go broody, so i guess i can take hope in knowing that some of those eggs just might hatch [​IMG]

I know, i know. i need a better set up for the broody area.

Last edited: May 16, 2009

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    [​IMG] awwwww! it happens!

yes, set up their own little area, so no one can get to them but themselves! [​IMG]

3. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Songster

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    do you think i can move the ladies and have the babes still be ok? the ladies are so pissy during this broodiness!!

4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:oh yes. do it at night. broodys are all talk! LOL. she wont see you coming, just grab her but you may wanna wear gloves if she trys to peck you.

5. chellebyerly

chellebyerly Songster

Feb 21, 2009
    Jasper Texas
    I know how you feel. I dropped an egg I was candeling the other day....

of course my 4 year old saw it, adn rubbed it in all day. Matter of fact, she is still telling eveyrone that I killed a baby chick.... The little wench.

6. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Songster

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    thank you so much. i feel better after your sharing. thank goodness i don't have a little one rubbing it in!!

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by