Brother letting pup chase poultry

You might want to explain to your brother that he is endangering his pup's life. Around here, people follow the SSS principle when dealing with dogs that bother livestock. Not sure how it is in your area.

Be 100% blunt and tell your brother that the only training he is doing is preparing his dog to get shot. I looked at your profile and it says from Wear Virginia so I looked this up for you. According to the
"West Virginia
CHAPTER 19. AGRICULTURE.
ARTICLE 20. DOGS AND CATS.
§19-20-16. Same -- When lawful to kill dog.
A person may kill a dog that he may see chasing, worrying, wounding or killing any sheep, lambs, goats, kids, calves, cattle, swine, show or breeding rabbits, horses, colts or poultry outside of the enclosure of the owner of the dog, unless the chasing or worrying be done by the direction of the owner of the sheep, lambs, goats, kids, calves, cattle, swine, show or breeding rabbits or horses and colts or poultry."

http://www.wvlegislature.gov/wvcode/chapterentire.cfm?chap=19&art=20&section=16

So, I don’t have to worry about my brother’s pup anymore at all. He never got around to training her and in addition to my chickens, she started chasing our cows too whenever she wanted. She was also really stupid around vehicles and that’s what ended up getting her a week ago. It was dark and my brother didn’t see her at all, so he’s not 100% on if he actually ran her over or she was biting the tires, got her teeth stuck & it snapped her neck.

I thought I hated her but I don’t know. I’m just sad, especially since she had the potential to be a good dog if he took the time to train her.

Whether or not he knows it, your brother is training the dog to kill chickens.
Training the dog to chase and kill chickens is easy. Untraining it is not. All I can say is I am very glad he is not my brother.

Whether or not he knows it, your brother is training the dog to kill chickens.
Training the dog to chase and kill chickens is easy. Untraining it is not. All I can say is I am very glad he is not my brother.
The post directly above yours indicates the dog has died due to vehicular incident.

Back
Top Bottom