brother went through first state police checkpoint yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was 14 the first time and that was 1977 and had just gotten my license. You had to be 14 yrs and 8 mnths to get your FULL license in NM back then. I go throught them all the time but the funniest one was back when I was bartending. I pulled up, smelled like a brewery or worse and was asked to get out and do the stand on one foot, touch nose the whole routine,, in my green leather halter top and mini skirt lol~! One deputy who knew me walked up and asked if I'd told them I don't drink or if I knew him, and I said of course I did but like they said anyone could say that! I was always the most popular bartender because I didn't drink the profits!

we have them here, college town a such. it helps when your in line to get all you stuff ready for them. If I hand it all to them all at once they really appreciate it.

About a month and a half ago. There are alot in Gainesville area. I was pulled over for not wearing a seat belt but was let go. I had the girls with me. He said that since I have a CLEAN driving record and the fact that Im preggy and couldn't FIT in the seatbelt of my hubby's truck, he'll let me go with warning but I needed to fix the problem. FIL gave me an seat belt extention and now I can fit in the seatbelt but I can't fit behind the wheel!
lau.gif
gig.gif

I had a few in my lifetime, I can only remember two of them. They are all nice, checking your license, and insurance and ask where you are heading. Then we were let go.

A block down from us is the major highway going north, they had several cop cars parking every so many blocks in between, nailing folks with DUI and past warrants, etc. Caught alot of speeders too!

I U-turned away from one. I had forgotten my wallet at home and was having to get to a poultry show before 9PM. It was 8:40PM. I saw the emergency lights and flipped a U-ee.

First time I went through one was last year. I would've been 31. I've gone through the same checkpoint 3 or 4 more times since then; must be a favorite spot of theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom