brower top hatch incubators

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by quintinp, Dec 19, 2010.

1. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    hello, i was going to get a brower top hatch incubator for my birthday a few months ago, and i could have gotten it for $105.00, they are retail price ($200.00), please, if you know if i missed a very good opportunity to snatch that incubator, or did i make a good choice, by not getting it, i have read on this website that it was almost as bad as the little yellow chick-bator, but please i would like to have some opinions from my fellow peeps thank you please respond if you read, if you have experience with this incubator thank you

2. yanmar1610d

yanmar1610d Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2010
    Hinesville, GA
    I like mine except for the fact that the temp will go up and down for no reason. To help control this I wrapped the tube with pipe insulation. I also purchased a ReptiTemp 500R to help control the temp (thanks to advise from a great Back Yard Chicken member). Using the ReptiTemp 500R I set it so that the temp in the Brower does not go above 100. I like the Brower now that I have the ReptiTemp 500R connected to it. Without the ReptiTemp 500R I was going to sell the Brower and purchase a Hova-bator. I have a LG that stays at 99.5 as long as I leave it alone.

3. CARS

CARS Chillin' With My Peeps

I just bought one. If you do a search for Top Hatch you will find that most enjoy the incubator once they get use to it and do a couple mods like wrapping it with insulation or a blanket to better control the temps. I have a feeling that incubator placement is going to be critical with this 'bator. An interior room closet seems to be a popular place. I have heard the light bulb going on/off and the turner's noise (initially until break-in) are 2 of the common complaints.

So far I have heard more positives than negatives when it's set up properly. I guess I will find out [​IMG]

4. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    thanks for the reply i just was under the assumption that they were bad incubators

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by