brower top hatch incubators

quintinp

Songster
9 Years
Oct 22, 2010
Southern Oklahoma
hello, i was going to get a brower top hatch incubator for my birthday a few months ago, and i could have gotten it for $105.00, they are retail price ($200.00), please, if you know if i missed a very good opportunity to snatch that incubator, or did i make a good choice, by not getting it, i have read on this website that it was almost as bad as the little yellow chick-bator, but please i would like to have some opinions from my fellow peeps thank you please respond if you read, if you have experience with this incubator thank you

I like mine except for the fact that the temp will go up and down for no reason. To help control this I wrapped the tube with pipe insulation. I also purchased a ReptiTemp 500R to help control the temp (thanks to advise from a great Back Yard Chicken member). Using the ReptiTemp 500R I set it so that the temp in the Brower does not go above 100. I like the Brower now that I have the ReptiTemp 500R connected to it. Without the ReptiTemp 500R I was going to sell the Brower and purchase a Hova-bator. I have a LG that stays at 99.5 as long as I leave it alone.

I just bought one. If you do a search for Top Hatch you will find that most enjoy the incubator once they get use to it and do a couple mods like wrapping it with insulation or a blanket to better control the temps. I have a feeling that incubator placement is going to be critical with this 'bator. An interior room closet seems to be a popular place. I have heard the light bulb going on/off and the turner's noise (initially until break-in) are 2 of the common complaints.

So far I have heard more positives than negatives when it's set up properly. I guess I will find out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom