Brown leghorn/welsummer mix?

It's not gonna happen.
I skimmed but if these were a Rock X Sussex why would they lay cream white eggs, have yellow skin or white lobes.
I'd guess they are a brown leghorn cross.
That makes the most sense. Everything I can find on them says Partridge Rock x Sussex.

That makes the most sense. Everything I can find on them says Partridge Rock x Sussex.
I believe you but they said they came from the Czech Republic.
That means the same place the sapphire gems originally came from.
Remember the confusion with those when they first showed up?
That company has posted what breeds they use as such and such "type". Then when a hatchery here picks them up sometimes info changes or pics don't match up or even the hatchery changing parental stock.
Do you see anything that would point away from a leghorn being in the mix?

That company has posted what breeds they use as such and such "type". Then when a hatchery here picks them up sometimes info changes or pics don't match up or even the hatchery changing parental stock.
Ahhhh I forgot about all that nonsense. Yeah no - I don't. When I first read it was Rock x Sussex, I scrunched my brows. This theory makes a lot of sense. Especially considering the "Blue Rocks".

Ahhhh I forgot about all that nonsense. Yeah no - I don't. When I first read it was Rock x Sussex, I scrunched my brows. This theory makes a lot of sense. Especially considering the "Blue Rocks".
Let me hijack this thing for a minute 🥴🤭
Probably old news, but what are Sapphire Gems supposed to be?
Never really tried to nail it down. Isn't going to be catastrophic if I don't know, but I have 3 of them.

Oh and I do like those Pearl Things too. May have to get me some of them one day...🤔

Ok, it appears the recipe for these birds are about as complicated as the Cornish cross.
Two separate lines were developed both using white leghorns, brown leghorns and RIR. One line is fast feathering and the other slow feathering. So when crossed correctly these chicks are wing feather sexing.
Color is coming from brown leghorns. Yellow skin from all breeds involved. White lobes from brown and white leghorns. Cream white eggs from mixing leghorns and RIR. Fast feathering from leghorns. Slow feathering from RIR.
Anything here not adding up? Idk why the hatcheries are saying rocks or Sussex. Above may explain why leghorn is in the name though.

Let me hijack this thing for a minute 🥴🤭
Probably old news, but what are Sapphire Gems supposed to be?
Never really tried to nail it down. Isn't going to be catastrophic if I don't know, but I have 3 of them.

Oh and I do like those Pearl Things too. May have to get me some of them one day...🤔
Sapphire gems are a mess. Thank you Hoovers.
Hoovers introduced them to the states from supposed parental stock eggs imported from oversees.
Their claim to fame were that they were blue sex links. The creating company advertised the parental stock as blue Andalusian "type" bird crossed with a barred rock "type".
Technicality but the blue side would of needed to be splash. The SG also came with yellow skin which wasn't matching with the Andalusian since they have white skin. I chalked that up to where the "type" came in. Those were probably a line made from a couple breeds which I didn't ever get to the bottom of because it was all such a headache.
The parent company then switched their written explanation a couple times landing on a blue Rock type crossed to a barred rock type. Idk if their formula changed or what. Didn't matter since Hoovers were pumping out the ones everyone was getting.
I think it was the second or third year SGs started showing up with gold/red leakage. When Hoovers imported the SGs they also imported a hybrid they call a Prarie Princess or something. They then had changed their SG parental stock by crossing in their PPs or their parental stock.
After that point is when I walked away from trying to follow which also happened to be about the same time other hatcheries started pouring out their versions labeling them as the Plymouth Blues or whatnot.
download (5).jpeg

Sapphire gems are a mess. Thank you Hoovers.
Hoovers introduced them to the states from supposed parental stock eggs imported from oversees.
Their claim to fame were that they were blue sex links. The creating company advertised the parental stock as blue Andalusian "type" bird crossed with a barred rock "type".
Technicality but the blue side would of needed to be splash. The SG also came with yellow skin which wasn't matching with the Andalusian since they have white skin. I chalked that up to where the "type" came in. Those were probably a line made from a couple breeds which I didn't ever get to the bottom of because it was all such a headache.
The parent company then switched their written explanation a couple times landing on a blue Rock type crossed to a barred rock type. Idk if their formula changed or what. Didn't matter since Hoovers were pumping out the ones everyone was getting.
I think it was the second or third year SGs started showing up with gold/red leakage. When Hoovers imported the SGs they also imported a hybrid they call a Prarie Princess or something. They then had changed their SG parental stock by crossing in their PPs or their parental stock.
After that point is when I walked away from trying to follow which also happened to be about the same time other hatcheries started pouring out their versions labeling them as the Plymouth Blues or whatnot.
View attachment 3270557

Thanks!
:cafSo, what you're saying is they at MUTTS :yesss:
Read Friends Tv GIF

Back
Top Bottom