1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brownish Eggs going white?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ilovemybabies2, Aug 10, 2014.

1. ilovemybabies2

ilovemybabies2 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2014
    Odd..... I have NO white egg layers. I have Golden, I have BSL, RIR, and BR, and BO. There was one chicken (not sure who, not a GSL), who would lay an almost white soft shelled, then it went hard the next day and normal in color.
    Today, we found 2 nearly white eggs, one side of the egg is soft shelled? The other side is hard shelled. The other egg looks odd on one side. Is my chicken sick? Why is it turning almost all white? My chickens all seem healthy. The coop gets cleaned weekly. We wash the poop off our yard, they free range. They are feed normal pellets, oyster shells, egg shells, etc... They always forage, they act completely healthy. However today I will pay even closer attention.....
    Have you had issues with this? What do you think this is about?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  3. ilovemybabies2

ilovemybabies2 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2014
    Thank you for the article. It's been one hen, but today there were two that were pigmented. So now it's two hens. I just went out there, they are healthy and doing good, but something is just not right. We fee them lots of grapes, is that a problem?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by