BSL pullet? Or have I been duped? (Pics)

Pay attention to her xomb & waddles. They will get plump and more red. I would randomly, 1 time a day, sit mine in the nest box. They would bolt or check it out. Keep doing that until they eventually check it out on thier own. I would also do pelvic bone spread check at bed time, make not of her spread number. Then when you get a new egg, do another pelvic check..so you know who laid the egg.
Make sense?
Yep! I check her bottom everyday 😳 Her comb and wattles are still pretty small - I'm no sure how big BSL combs are supposed to get?

As for the rest - Just looking at their physiques, the other ones are no where near lay :(

Yep! I check her bottom everyday 😳 Her comb and wattles are still pretty small - I'm no sure how big BSL combs are supposed to get?

As for the rest - Just looking at their physiques, the other ones are no where near lay :(
My BSL didnt have a ton of red, but a noticeable difference in size, color, and thickness change in just one week. Right before 1st lay. It took about a week after laying for her comb and waddles to be mostly red and less black.

Back
Top Bottom