Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Jen gave us a year old male Buckeye for my 8 year olds on. Jen also had over a dozen male birds running loose when we visited. Not one of them tried to harm the kids. "Buck" is doing well and my son is sooo happy with him.

After reading this thread, I'm so excited about getting my buckeyes. I orderd them from a local feedstore that placed it's order from Myers. (Were only 2 hours away) They told me they ordered 100 chicks but will only receive 25. I put my name down for 4. That's all I can add to the flock, or I would of order from someone else. The shipping charges are way to high for me.

Thanks everyone for all the great info
big_smile.png

greenpeeps, mine are from meyers and I only have 4 plus roo and get 4 eggs a day! Their personalites are wonderful.They love treats and will follow you everywhere with great hope in their hearts, also no weeds left in yard or garden and I suspect bugs are greatly reduced also. Enjoy!!
love.gif

Last edited:
I am liking this breed more and more everyday. I have Laura's downstairs in the brooder and they have the sweetest faces almost angelic.
I love it when they cock their head and just watch me.

Quote:
Jen,

This male looks alot like your bantam male. Tail carriage is about the same.

I was over at Jenscott today and was admiring her birds. was curious what was used to develope the bantam Buckeye. Does anyone know?

My brother, who cannot have chickens in D.C. has brought this breed to my attention a few times. He even sent me the article from BYP. I broke it to him that I have some on order from Sand Hill and I am planning on getting some eggs from a breeder too. He is SO SO SO jealous.
sad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom