Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter and I show poultry, we started raising buckeyes a few years back when she started began 4-H. We show at pretty much all of the local shows with great results. Here are a few pics of a couple of our Males. My daughter just recently won the American Class and Reserve Champion Large Fowl at the Fall show in Lucasville, OH. There were quite a few birds in the American class. I think it was the largest class excluding the Bantams. At the county fair is usually 250-300 birds every year.

108530_dsci1287.jpg

108530_dsci0767.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I love seeing the kids doing well with Buckeyes! My daughter will be showing them in 4-H next year also. A huge Congrats to you and your daughter!!

on a side note, I got 3 buckeye eggs today (believe they came from Laura's farm originally) 8 were sent but the post office was unkind to my eggs, also ordered 15 chicks from Janet Hatch. Within a month we will be official Buckeyes owners!

Quote:
Hi back. Yes, it's been awhile. Things are settling down some but still not sure how much I'll get to come to BYC.

Everything I've read says birds need 14 hours of light. I give mine 15 just for added measure. When I first started with birds I didn't know about the cheap timers one could buy so my birds went years having lights 24/7 and it never bothered them a bit.

A lot of folks talk about giving the birds a break or such. I've seen my birds often enough out on a limb in the middle of the day and sound asleep so I don't put much stock into that. If a bird wants to sleep, it'll just tuck its head under its wing and sleep away.

God Bless,

Congratulations to Sydney and Joe Shumaker! I LOVE that the Buckeyes are doing well in the shows. The judges are looking them over seriously, and that can only benefit the breed.

Again, GOOD GOING SYDNEY!!

Janet do you have a web site for your farm? Was curious as to your prices and strains...we're neighbors by the way...we're both on the same side of the Mississippi, lol

Thanks for asking, but
th.gif
I haven't posted a website yet. DH has been patiently
roll.png
asking me to do just that. I do have photos of two of the ALBC/Brown on my BYC page. I can also email pics.

We have ALBC/Brown and Urch lines currently. After Crossroads, we'll have an ALBC cockerel, and will be producing ALBC/Urch.

Looks like we'll be attending the Sedalia, MO show, Crossroads, IN, Fayetteville, AR, and Hutchinson, KS this Fall. If you attend any of these, please look me up!

For pricing and shipping information, please PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom