Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dave--popped over here to see your video. Bigz from WI cheeseheads sent me. I have some of his Buckeyes here. SO I noticed that you have peepers on some of the hens. Why is that? Are there certain ones that pick? Just curious...Terri O

We were having egg eating issues late last winter, I called my NPIP girl Candy and she advised me on the peepers, they've been on since last February. I bought the peeps from Cutler Supply (they take paypal).

Another piece of advice, develop a relationship with your NPIP inspector, they will have tons of great ideas for your coop and flock.One thing we have had out for the last month that we are including back into the coop tomorrow is a "dusting box", a large tote or rubber container with 1/3 DE 1/3 topsoil and 1/3 tube sand, the chickens will dust themselves every chance they get.

Last edited:
We have a new NPIP guy this year, an office worker up until now, word says he is extremely difficult to deal with as he has no idea of what to do...how to deal with the job........
barnie.gif

So after having quite a few of ALL my breeds been tested for IA & PT & at all the shows I attend, (and the tests are on record) But the new management guy is wanting all new testing..as if the last manager did tests incorrectly~~~~~~~
Hope you gave Candy a Christmas big box of chocolates !
wink.png

Getting ready to fill our incubator. My daughter's birthday is coming up, and she has fallen in love with buckeyes. Are any of you willing to sell me some eggs? She wants to hatch a few good quality chicks from one of you. Then, there is a very nice woman here in N W MO who breeds Buckeyes. She hopes to visit with her and purchase some of her eggs or chicks as well. Youngest daughter just bought Yokohama eggs for delivery next week. I would really like to get the buckeyes ASAP too. Anyone?
Thank you!!!

The lady in NWMO is here on this thread. I'd recommend getting your eggs or chicks from her. She is not that far from you. Janet Hatch is her name. We are raising 16 chicks from her fall hatch. You will love them.

Edited to add, you will find the majority of Buckeyes member here have are related in some manner. Janet can explain where her birds came from and if you read this thread you will find those people here.

Last edited:
Getting ready to fill our incubator. My daughter's birthday is coming up, and she has fallen in love with buckeyes. Are any of you willing to sell me some eggs? She wants to hatch a few good quality chicks from one of you. Then, there is a very nice woman here in N W MO who breeds Buckeyes. She hopes to visit with her and purchase some of her eggs or chicks as well. Youngest daughter just bought Yokohama eggs for delivery next week. I would really like to get the buckeyes ASAP too. Anyone?
Thank you!!!

Janet hatch is your girl!!!!! She says her shipped hatching eggs have a 90% hatch rate!!! Tell her Dave sent ya!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/janet-hatchs-page

J Squared Farms
J.R. and Janet Hatch
Kingston, MO 64650
NPIP 43-727
816-586-2262
816-277-1586
[email protected]

Last edited:
I went to TS today for some feed & the wild game feed that some of you were talking about, but I got confused when I got to TS and nothing said Wild Game Feed. Can someone who is using this please tell me which one you use. I did see a couple of feed bags for deer and elk, is this it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom