Budgie Eggs!

Do you ever let them free-fly inside home?? When I was about 12 years old, my parents got a pair of these parakeets. We did not refer to them as Budgies, just parakeets. Their cage door was always open, and they used to fly around inside house. Then they would return back into cage by themselves.
During summertime, we carried cage and stand onto our porch patio. Cage door was of course closed when outdoors.
One day when were were not there, a cat ( assuming) knocked over cage. Cage fell apart, and am sure the impact scared the cat :gigaway,,,,,, but parakeets tasted freedom, and were never seen again.
Here in Chicago there are feral flocks of these budgies, that survive our cold winters. I suspect, that some are escapees, while others are newly hatched young that developed into adult budgies. There are also flocks of feral Quaker parrots in our area.
Well, where I live budgies dont survive usually. Crows are practically everywhere and food is scarce so normally they just get eaten :<

Babies!
IMG_20210803_130534.jpg

Babies!
IMG_20210807_124527.jpg

They are having, per say, interesting feathers. I know that the father is a normal sky blue, split for opaline budgie. None from the mum budgie cuz I literally forgot who her parents were -
But the third child has, green AND yellow in its WINGS?!!! Like W H A T
Also the first child has yellow tips but LEG FEATHERS ARE BLUE?
Help me w h a t -

Back
Top Bottom