Budgies

Skybee

Hatching
Apr 6, 2022
Hi all I have a budgie she has laid 10 eggs 8 are fertile but unfortunately male flew away 3 hatched then she's had a breake of about 3 days then hatched another but she is not feeding the 4 help she is first time mum

With mine it appears that the male feeds the female while she’s on the nest and she feeds the babies (different from the finches). but I would recommend at least supplementing with a hand feeding formula
You may also want to give mom some boiled egg with parsley or kale chopped up in it to increase her energy too since the male isn’t there to tend to her

Hi all I have a budgie she has laid 10 eggs 8 are fertile but unfortunately male flew away 3 hatched then she's had a breake of about 3 days then hatched another but she is not feeding the 4 help she is first time mum
Handfeed them, though it's tough. Any other budgies you may currently have to foster them?

Shes doing well with 3 of the babies but the 4th doesn't seem to be getting anything and looks like it my be getting stuck under the other at feed time, I'm trying to feed the little guy he's taking it sometimes but I feel he's not progressing at all I don't want to starve him or if there other problems

Back
Top Bottom