Buff Brahma Roo willing to pay $$ for good quality

Timster881

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 13, 2012
Gainesville FL
I need a Buff Brahma Roo I am willing to pay $$ for good quality. If you are local or could ship him please let me know. I am located in North Central FL

I need a roo desperately

Thanks

I purchased 5 juvenile brahma's last fall - 3 light and 2 buff brahma. They were supposedly all pullets. However, as they are maturing, one of the buffs is acting like a cockerel. He/she is attempting to crow in the morning. He/she is a little larger than the others, but that is the only real difference I can tell. And the attempted crowing could just be a mimicking of the adult rooster, who is obviously the alpha of the adult pen. This buff juvenile is the alpha of the youngsters. I'm not sure this is a rooster, and if it is it certainly isn't mature yet. But I don't want a second brahma rooster, one is enough. The buffs sure are pretty birds though. If you are still looking in a few months let me know. He/she should have matured enough to know for sure by that point. Someone more experienced with the breed could probably tell already "for sure" - but I can't. Just let me know if you are still looking and I'll let you know once I'm sure. Sara

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Yes, both my little buff brahma's turned out to be roosters. However,
the lady I'm buying chicks from this spring turned out to have a young hen she thought was buff brahma (turned out to be cochin) so she nabbed my rooster. I should have gotten back to you, but I was happy to find someone local, so I didn't have to ship him. I hope you did fine one - there have been a few responders who had ideas for you. Sara

Actually, Timster881 is the one who was looking for a roo. I hope he found one as I found a local lady who wanted one of my little BB roof. Do you happen to have any leads on a standard BB pullet or two? My poor remaining BB is tired of being a loner. I have one pair of young light brahma, same age as my remaining BB roo. All four of these were supposed to be pullets, but only one of them was! The two little roos dance around the one pullet, and are ready to get to business, but I really need to get the BB roo a partner of his own!! I thought I'd get chicks from the lady who has my other standard young BB roo - but it turns out her hen is actually a buff cochin, not a buff brahma. Besides, it would be better if I could get a young hen that would be a companion for the roo now rather than waiting till a chick or two grow up! Sara

If you are looking for LF Buffs, there is a person who was on here a year or two ago who has show quality in Jax. I think they go by fowl visions on here.
I had some and they were looking good as juvies, but lost them in a flooding incident.
Good luck.

Thank you! I'll try to connect with "fowl visions" and see if they might have a spare pullet. The tip is much appreciated. Sara

> If you are looking for LF Buffs, there is a person who was on here a year or two ago who has show quality in Jax. I think they go by fowl visions on here.

I had some and they were looking good as juvies, but lost them in a flooding incident.

Good luck.>

Back
Top Bottom