Buff Brahma thread!!!(please feel free to join)

Pics
I finally, by accident, got a new bantam buff Brahma rooster. He for sure is way smaller than my other roo I had. I want to start breed show quality bantam buff Brahmas. Dose anyone know the APA standard (hopefully that’s right) breeding for Brahma bantams?
54798A60-8D8F-40C0-9DBB-829CF36F7355.jpeg
88B68C4A-86C9-4214-A39F-D4DA1E987AB6.jpeg

Hello
I started with Buff Brahmas early this summer. They hatched about June 16, 2023. Purchased them from Murray McMurray a flock of about 24 hens and a few roosters. I've had light and dark Brahmas before and really like the breed. And the coloring of the buffs really appealed to me 🤩🙄
My pullets are now 24 weeks old. I'm anxiously waiting for them to start laying. The McMurray website says they start at 20 weeks.

I'm wondering what others with this breed have experienced in regards to the age when they begin to lay eggs. I hope some of you remember. I know Brahmas take longer than many other breeds to mature. I'm hoping some of you remember how many weeks that is. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20231109_172453.jpg
    20231109_172453.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 4
Hello
I started with Buff Brahmas early this summer. They hatched about June 16, 2023. Purchased them from Murray McMurray a flock of about 24 hens and a few roosters. I've had light and dark Brahmas before and really like the breed. And the coloring of the buffs really appealed to me 🤩🙄
My pullets are now 24 weeks old. I'm anxiously waiting for them to start laying. The McMurray website says they start at 20 weeks.

I'm wondering what others with this breed have experienced in regards to the age when they begin to lay eggs. I hope some of you remember. I know Brahmas take longer than many other breeds to mature. I'm hoping some of you remember how many weeks that is it thanks
I don't remember when mine started to lay sorry.

Hello

I'm wondering what others with this breed have experienced in regards to the age when they begin to lay eggs. I hope some of you remember. I know Brahmas take longer than many other breeds to mature. I'm hoping some of you remember how many weeks that is. Thanks!
I’d guess in the next month or so. It’s hard to say now that you’re entering winter and short days. Some may wait till Spring and longer days even.

I finally, by accident, got a new bantam buff Brahma rooster. He for sure is way smaller than my other roo I had. I want to start breed show quality bantam buff Brahmas. Dose anyone know the APA standard (hopefully that’s right) breeding for Brahma bantams?View attachment 3581270View attachment 3581272
My bantam buff Brahma rooster is very close to SOP and places in the top for his breed/gender in most shows. They need to have a nice square shaped thick skull and a lot of full hackle feathers. Ruby is on the bigger side which is his one key drawback he gets rated down for, but body type and color are really close. Maybe visit a show or two and study their shapes and type to get a good feel for the “look” and get a nice square headed female to breed with as a start? ☺️ We love Ruby, he’s a very patient and sweet boy!

Attachments

• 55C59F47-5E01-41C3-B608-F7B14FFC6FA0.jpeg
    55C59F47-5E01-41C3-B608-F7B14FFC6FA0.jpeg
    612.7 KB · Views: 3
  • FFE4C194-25C4-4C27-A9D0-847E20363495.jpeg
    FFE4C194-25C4-4C27-A9D0-847E20363495.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 4
  • CC415C9E-E9BC-483F-9D98-7A6449AFA265.jpeg
    CC415C9E-E9BC-483F-9D98-7A6449AFA265.jpeg
    611.4 KB · Views: 3
My bantam buff Brahma rooster is very close to SOP and places in the top for his breed/gender in most shows. They need to have a nice square shaped thick skull and a lot of full hackle feathers. Ruby is on the bigger side which is his one key drawback he gets rated down for, but body type and color are really close. Maybe visit a show or two and study their shapes and type to get a good feel for the “look” and get a nice square headed female to breed with as a start? ☺️ We love Ruby, he’s a very patient and sweet boy!
. Thanks! im going to try to enter both of mine and maybe some of their babies in our county fair next year

Back
Top Bottom