Buff cochin bantams

wcountrywoman

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 13, 2011
Hillsboro OH
I recently purchased a young pr of what I was told were buff cochin bantams, in my inexperience I believed them. They don't have the squatty feathered cochin body and they have dark feathers in their tails. I hoped they would grow into the body but the feathers say they must be mixed with something. They do have feathered feet and they are buff colored other than in the tail. Does anyone have any ideas or advice?

We need photos to definitively say. You can e-mail me to them and I will post them.

Honestly, it sounds like they are very poorly bred, maybe mixed.

Quote:
I was wondering that too. Or buff Brahmas.

Good point!

Do they look like these?

13604_cast_iron_pans_054.jpg

chickens002.jpg

chickens001.jpg

Here are pics of the hen and rooster. I thought about the columbian also.They really don't have the cochin body at all. I think I was just snookered.

Last edited:
No. I paid $15 for the pr. I don't think that's too bad and she is laying like crazy. I just wish I knew what they are-LOL. I'm just a baby chicken farmer. My Dad kept all kinds of birds and I really do think it's genetic. Unfortunately he passed away and I inherited his chicken house, his RIRs,(most of them are gone now too), his incubator and the love for the hobby, but not his knowledge. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Well they are really nice little birds. Does she lay white eggs? I'd hatch all the eggs and have a beautiful little bantam flock!

I just noticed the little eggs in the background and that answers that.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom