Buff cochin X white cochin

It'll probably depend on what type of white the hen is : D

Chickens have have two kinds of white, Dominant White and Recessive White. If she's Dominant White, I'd expect roughly half of your chicks to be white (although potentially all could be white if she's dom. white). If she's Recessive White none of them will be, instead they'll carry the gene but not show it (if she's recessive white, if you bred a son back to her, you'd see about 50% white chicks from that pairing)

Buff is a weird gene. I'm not sure we fully understand it genetically yet, but what you get will depend on the hen (again). White is sort of like a marking, think of it as pouring white paint over the bird. Underneath the paint she's still got other color genes (she could be birchen, partridge, buff, barred etc!) but the white covers it up visually. So roughly what you get from her and the buff rooster will depend on what she's hiding under that paint ;D

It'll probably depend on what type of white the hen is : D

Chickens have have two kinds of white, Dominant White and Recessive White. If she's Dominant White, I'd expect roughly half of your chicks to be white (although potentially all could be white if she's dom. white). If she's Recessive White none of them will be, instead they'll carry the gene but not show it (if she's recessive white, if you bred a son back to her, you'd see about 50% white chicks from that pairing)

Buff is a weird gene. I'm not sure we fully understand it genetically yet, but what you get will depend on the hen (again). White is sort of like a marking, think of it as pouring white paint over the bird. Underneath the paint she's still got other color genes (she could be birchen, partridge, buff, barred etc!) but the white covers it up visually. So roughly what you get from her and the buff rooster will depend on what she's hiding under that paint ;D
Thanks for your reply i have a white rooster and a buff hen.waiting for the eggs to hatch!!

Back
Top Bottom