Buff duckling with extremely stunted growth...

WoodwardRooster

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 10, 2010
Ferndale
I have 3 buff ducklings that are about 4 weeks old, 1 male and 2 females. The male and the one female are developing normally; starting to get feathers on their chests and wings, normal size, etc. The other female is about 1/5 of the size of the other 2, and only very few feathers are starting to come in. When she was about 2 weeks old I noticed her legs were starting to get really bowed out so I figured it was a niacin deficiency so I have been supplementing 150mg of niacin in their water everyday (2 gallon), and her legs are normal now, however she does shake a lot when she is standing still, almost like she has parkinsons disease. Other than her size and the shaking she is acting normal; keeping up with the others, eating well and acting alert. I am feeding them Dumar chick starter that I buy at TSC, I can't remember the protein (threw the bag away) but it was the one labeled for chicks and waterfowl (maybe 20%.) They also get scraps from the garden (no chemicals are used.)

Could there be another issue going on here, other than the fact she is a runt and possibly still recovering? I don't want to lose her so is there anything else you suggest I do? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom