Buff laced Pekin question

Dec 24, 2017
Screenshot_20181025-092538.jpg
hi all,

Just adopted this girl and would love to breed the colour, what is the best colour of the boy for her?

She herself is a happy accident and the breeder couldn't really figure out how she came into being.

Thank you, will be waiting for some advices.

Im not big on genetics but you might wanna try a silver laced or golden laced male then if any males have the same lacing I'd backcross it over this hen and go from there. I'm sure someone with more knowledge on genetics could help far more.

She is beautiful! Her colour seems more along the lines of ginger/red lacing, as buff is usually lighter. I'm not a genetics expert either, but I agree with @ChickenLeg, breed her to a gold or silver laced rooster, and see what you get. If you do begin breeding for this colour please make a thread about it! I'd be interested to follow!

She is beautiful! Her colour seems more along the lines of ginger/red lacing, as buff is usually lighter. I'm not a genetics expert either, but I agree with @ChickenLeg, breed her to a gold or silver laced rooster, and see what you get. If you do begin breeding for this colour please make a thread about it! I'd be interested to follow!

the problem is it is so hard to find any laced Pekin, here in Indonesia. That is actually the very reason I adpoted her.

Agree that a laced cockerel would be ideal. Failing that, she appears to be a buff Colombian with lacing genes and dominant white; if you can find a buff colombian to mate with her, keep any male offspring showing white lacing and breed back to your hen; you could eventually get to a buff-laced (Polish come in this colour).

Agree that a laced cockerel would be ideal. Failing that, she appears to be a buff Colombian with lacing genes and dominant white; if you can find a buff colombian to mate with her, keep any male offspring showing white lacing and breed back to your hen; you could eventually get to a buff-laced (Polish come in this colour).

A friend told me that a buff maybe "too strong" and suggested white dom instead.....

Unicolour Buff is juat as hard to find, I don't really understand why they have never been so popular, unlike blacks, reds and now blues.

Back
Top Bottom