Buff laced polish hen or roo?

heopdyke

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2020
Francis is 11 weeks now and still has the tiniest little tooth pick legs. So this makes me believe Francis is a she. Just wanted to see what other people think. By the way I trimmed back the head feathers some so they aren’t as bushy as they could be.
E446D715-6714-4E9A-8682-DD69C16BCC48.jpeg

5BE290C6-5096-413D-B956-E22790ABA64F.jpeg

Saddle feathers? This is from yesterday. Can they change that fast in a week? Was standing different in this photo

Thank you! I appreciate it. I’m new to getting straight runs and so differentiating sex is difficult. Of course I had to pick a hard breed to begin with. 😂 I already have one definite roo so I’m glad she is a hen.

Thank you! I appreciate it. I’m new to getting straight runs and so differentiating sex is difficult. Of course I had to pick a hard breed to begin with. 😂 I already have one definite roo so I’m glad she is a hen.

So far nothing says roo to me. I really hope she is a she. They are such pretty birds.

What breed is your roo? Are you keeping any males?

Something to be aware of with crested breeds......
There is basically nothing protecting the brain. A peck to the head can be fatal as can a rooster/cockerels mating behaviors.

My roo is a production blue. He is enormous. You can see him in the back in the photo. If he becomes to rough on the hens unfortunately he will have to go. I was going to see if you know anything about their temperament? He was sold to me as a sapphire gem but clearly isn’t with all that red. I know they have RIR in them. Was just curious if you know if they are jerks or not? I know a lot depends on the individual as well
FA70F095-41AE-4334-9764-036A172153D1.jpeg

I really didn’t want a rooster but I took the risk with getting two straight run chicks.

While he is a handsome fellow I know nothing about that particular variety.

You are already aware that things could go south and have a plan so just wait and see if he becomes a jerk.

You got this! :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom