Buff Orpington or Buff Rock?

lauranickerson

Songster
6 Years
Apr 17, 2013
Kingsley, MI
I bought 3 "High Production" pullets from Tractor Supply this March. They are about 23-ish weeks or so now. Something I noticed a while back, though, is that two have pink legs, and one has yellow legs. I kind of ignored it until I just watched a video on YouTube a couple minutes ago that showed generic pictures of each right after one another. They looked identical, besides the leg color.

Is it possible I have both? I believe that my TSC gets their chicks from Townline Hatchery, but I'm not 100% sure.

Here's a picture I took a week or two ago. White/pink legs on the right, yellow legs on the left.

If you can get a full body pic of the one with whitish legs, tell me then I will send you a link to a thread on here that you can post it on and you will get an answer....

I think that its possible that you have a Buff Rock along with a Buff Orpington. However, hatchery birds don't always fit the correct breed description, so your yellow-legged bird might just be an Orpington with the wrong colored legs.

I think that its possible that you have a Buff Rock along with a Buff Orpington. However, hatchery birds don't always fit the correct breed description, so your yellow-legged bird might just be an Orpington with the wrong colored legs.

I thought of that, too. I looked on Townline's site and they don't have Buff Rocks. Of course, TSC never just labels them by breed!

Ok, these ladies must have known I had the camera, and were very fast, so this is the best I could do.

White Leg #1

Yellow Leg (considerably larger than the other two)

White Leg #2

Back
Top Bottom