Buff Orpington stupid question

GSCforester

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 29, 2010
Here are a couple pics of some buffs we hatched out about four weeks ago. There are several that have the large comb like the one pictured. Is this a dead give away that they are roosters? I would hate to get rid of them if there would be a chance that they are hens.
74724_buff_hen.jpg

74724_buff_roo.jpg

The second is colored just like the first, the flash just washed the color out, he is not a leghorn.

My Buff Orp took 12 weeks to get that pink in her comb and wattles.

As far as I can see, the bird in the second photo has yellow legs, not pink like the bird in the first photo. Also their coloring seems very different.

Cute babies
smile.png

They look like roos to me. That last one doesn't look BO. If he is the same color as the first then maybe he is a buff rock

The last one is not a Buff Orpington, likely a Leghorn. That comb is WAY too big for an Orpington, and the bird looks white to me. If the image was washed out, the comb and legs would appear pale too but they don't.
idunno.gif

They're both boys though.

So I had to run in and check Daisy's legs, because they look pretty yellow in my pic, and truthfully I had never really looked. Thankfully they are a very nice pink, the flash must have made them look yellow!

Back
Top Bottom