*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Got a few photos in the misting rain of Max's (EBO) cockerel and pullets out of SOP hens , at 5 1/2 months old. The pullets are starting to lay.

If we have a few cool days, these are available to ship now.

Your girls are beautiful! I only wish I could have some more, but my hubby insists we wait till the spring. How do these girls travel?

Quote: When I refer to a SOP Orp, it means it was bred by a breeder according to the American Poultry Association's Standard of Perfection.This standard is what LF Orps are judged by in the US. EBO = English bred Buff Orpington. This is in contrast to hatchery birds who are not bred to any standard.
Oh ok. Thank you. They are very pretty!! I just purchased 2 BO chicks, but they r hatchery. I hope they turn out at least half as pretty!! They r both supposed to be female, but I'll believe it when I see it. Lol

?my buff rooster seems depressed...is that possible....or does he just need more hens

all animals can become depressed. its a matter of life change or simple boardom, weather or not he needs some new hens or not i couldnt say. but at the same time he is a guy lol sorry for the stereo type but its true he is a guy and for any species the males are always trying to spreed his seed threw as many females as posible. anyway try giving it more to do like scratching the ground what i do is i let them have a lot of plant material to dig threw that always works for mine. so try a few things and see what happens.

These are my two buffs, his comb isn't straight though..not sure if thats normal or not. THis is my first flock and I just got two of multiple breeds..ended up with a male and female orp.
THey are about 10-13 weeks

Hey folks, do BOs tend to be slow growers as chicks? I got 13 mixed female chicks from MPC last week and the smallest one is the BO and has also put on the least amount of feathers. The little bugger seems vigorous and happy in any event.

Hey folks, do BOs tend to be slow growers as chicks? I got 13 mixed female chicks from MPC last week and the smallest one is the BO and has also put on the least amount of feathers. The little bugger seems vigorous and happy in any event.
BOs from hatcheries are a mixed bag, since few of them are purebred. Standard bred Buffs grow like weeds, and eat you out of house and home in a hurry. My 3 week olds are outside with no heat.

Back
Top Bottom