Buff Orpingtons and Speckled Sussex?

Oh, thanks for the chart SallySec!! Very helpful. Where in NY are you? Maybe we'll be neighbors. LOL!

hmm.png
We will be upstate, in Oneida.

welcome-byc.gif
Idas that sounds like me. I started with an order of 6....then 8...next thing you know 13 lol....and I had two casualties when they arrived. I am so in love with them now. They freak out and start talking the minute they see me coming out the back door. If they are free ranging they follow myself and my husband all over the yard. My husband actually loves it because he can be working on the cars or doing woodwork and they are all over his business keeping him company.

Now I am hatching my own. I love the look of the Orps and the broody factor. I actually am planning on some lavender ones in the near future.
Hi Salleysec!

I actually just entered the Meyer's Lav, Blue, and Buff Orp give-a-way! Ohhh, It'd be great to win some
fl.gif
...( like we need anymore chickens!) Good thing we have some room...

I think it is great they are so curious and friendly. I love the way the fluffy Buffs look...they add such a "classic" feel roaming around the yard. And the Speckled's are just gorgeous too!
I have to admit though, my Barred Rocks are the sweetest so far of the flock. They must have suspected they were to be the "meat" birds if we had decided to go that route. Serious second thoughts on that now! They really turn into pets super quick! Wasn't prepared for that! Lol
love.gif

I'm sure I'll bump into you again soon! Happy Chicken Keeping!
big_smile.png

LOL Barred Rocks know they are dual purpose. My Lucy was the first one to fly up to me and want a rub or cuddle. She is by far a favorite with guests too.

she is so up in my business that I couldn't even get a decent picture of her last week lol ...she is curious about the camera...toe nail polish....anything lol the flowers on my flip flops...buttons on jeans.

where are you now?

I'm in CT right now. We bought 5 acres in Stockbridge, NY, just outside of Oneida and plan to build a new house in a couple years. I grew up in that area, can't wait to go back. I grew up on a farm, my mom had a ton of chickens, all different kinds, and it was my job to feed and water them and collect the eggs. I do remember in the winter, my mom would cook up the kitchen scraps for them so they could have a warm dinner
love.gif
she really loved them.

I am headed to ct tomorrow. My best friend is in Milford. I told her I won't move there until I know they let me have chickens lol ...

I was the first kid in our family to be born in the U.S. My parents came to America in 1962, and we lived on Soundview Ave. in Milford!! I think around 1970 we moved to Monroe, then my dad lost his job and we moved to upstate NY. I was 9. Small world.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom